Raw foods have been an integral part of my healing journey. Switching to a raw lifestyle has enabled me to heal my body of several “incurable” ailments, as well as helping me stabilize at a healthy weight. We have started a Raw Feast exchange program in the little town I live in, and swap delicious foods and inspiration on a weekly basis.
I will post the yummiest recipes on my blog from time to time:
Thai Coleslaw (Serves 3 to 4) adapted from “Rawvolution” by Anita
For the Salad:
- 3 cups finely shredded green or Napa cabbage
- 1 cup peeled and shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 bunch fresh basil, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 bunch mint, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, steams removed and leaves chopped
- ½ cup raw, unsalted peanuts
Also, I didn’t use a whole “bunch” of the herbs. Adjust to your liking.
For the Dressing:
- 2 tblsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Nama Shoyu (this seems like a lot to me. Or substitute less Braggs)
- 2 tblsp. agave nectar
- ¼ cup olive oil.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- One 1 inch piece ginger, peeled (adjust to your liking)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tblsp. curry powder (adjust)